Thursday 11 July 2013

More about me~ (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*・

I thought I'd write more about myself, how I was drawn into Art and such.

I have always been imaginative and creative since my earliest memories. I definitely wasn't a spoilt child, if I wanted something I'd have to beg my parents to death, more so than just saying please please please, though I gathered little skills of persuasion! it was very little my parents actually gave in.

Anyway, I would always try to create things and use my imagination, one thing I miss dearly is how open your mind is when you're that young. I used to make little bird people from daisies by putting a thorn through the stem, this entertained me endlessly lol.
 I remember always being fascinated by plasticine as you could literally bring your imagination to life and create things you want to have that you don't have. At first I would make the simple people with dots for eyes and sausage like hair, I remember my favourite hair to make was yellow then orange strands. I felt like I didn't have much skill in creating things with this as my eldest sister made a model of a person and it was so much smoother and cleaner looking.

Since the influence of Anime came into my life I wanted dolls of the characters. I would try to turn some dolls to look similar but it just didn't work. Once I even tried to hammer a Sindy's body to be a male hahahaha. (Ken and Action Man were far too ugly to be even remotely convincing). I ended up with a broken chest less Sindy. Since transforming dolls didn't work I had the idea of drawing the characters and cutting them out and playing with them like paper-dolls. I have so many good memories of these! 
Anime was a positive influence, even though it kept me in a dream-like mode I was safe there and it surely improved my drawing! I would draw on EVERYTHING every single day! Even in school books, homework diaries, friends books lol

And I also made plasticine models of all Tenchi Muyo characters, my favourite dynasty warriors characters and some others. Making these over and over again improved my skill and I always tried to challenge myself. I would always try to make the most detailed characters or I'd just make up details into them. It went into making even small plaits and eyelashes, nails etc. even spiral iris' for Rikku. 

The reason why I couldn't make these anymore was pretty simple, they just don't sell plasticine anymore. What they do sell is far to oily or cake-mixture like. CRAYOLA did a fantastic pack. It was perfect and didn't dry out! Also I wanted something that couldn't be squashed or melt, it's very difficult to use plasticine with temperatures over or under normal. I've had blisters from it being to cold to mould and it sticking all over me from being too hot. And it's very difficult to do the fine detail in heat. 

I experimented with FIMO but my fine details all broke off. Then I thought its over for me, will just be something I used to do.

But I had the inspiration while searching the Internet for different clay types to make dolls. All these ideas surged into my head. And now I'm here, making dolls, something I enjoy greatly.


I am working on the body today! I might even get time to do the clothes \(^o^)/
P.s: what a bugger! My green eyes came!
Dunno what to use them for as I was going to use them for Kiyo but my impatience got the better of me..



No comments:

Post a Comment