Wednesday 10 July 2013

Kiyo's progress ★

Heyy there! :D
So so far, Kiyo's been given facial features! I tried to make the face more 3d and less flat looking than my last doll..what do you think?



then i smoothed kiyos face out. For Alexander I used one type of sanding paper (not sure what grade because I forgot) anyway, this time I'm using 3 basic types (coarse ,medium and fine) for some reason I find the coarse:medium made it smoother than the fine? There were less scratches..not sure why but it could be the friction I used?


Alexander is hiding until Kiyo is done...

I tried a different painting technique aswell (base coat then layering) made the face less smooth because how the acrylic dries but it's not too bad..



Right, I was impatient last night (being away from working on Kiyo for so long was so frustrating!!) and so I ended up doing the make up, (also applying some hair) -it turned out hideous because of the terrible lighting and I got majorly upset! 。・°°・(>_<)・°°・。

(This WASN'T how I wanted it to look.
To me this looks rushed and amateur-like.)

I was upset alll day until I got home from work and I sanded the paint off and re-painted the face.

I am SO pleased with the results, the colours I used were less harsh and brings more attention to the beautiful colours of the eyes and recognises the structure of the face.


I have constructed the body and am waiting for it to dry and be sanded. Kiyo had a little dance ꒰*ゝωꉺ꒱۶♡ *¨*•.¸

I am excited to work in the clothing very much. I promise it will be much detailed *^^*


Goodnight now lovelies before I pass out! ☆





No comments:

Post a Comment