Friday 28 June 2013

Ranmaru model!

In the process of making a Ranmaru Mori figurine atm, i don't know what he will turn out like as this shall be my first attempt at figurine modelling with this air drying clay (not sure if its really good for figurines, maybe paper clay would be better?)

Anyway I finished painting & smoothing his face :D


I got a new paintbrush as well :3 it's really good for fine detail!

Well I thought I may as well do some hair and part of his structure for his torso as he can dry overnight then I can fix him up when I finish work :D


I am quite pleased with how his face turned out!!! :D 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Nice :D
    I have a question though... Do they stand ? Cuz' my friend is making dolls too (for a movie,like tim burtons) and she can't figure it out ,how to make dolls to stand XD !

    ReplyDelete
  2. well this doll is more like an action figure as he is pure clay, i haven't finished his whole body yet but as for your friend (if she makes like this) i would say make the feet flat, and the model would have to be bottom heavy, or put something heavy inside its legs/feet. make sure its back is straight and the doll doesn't hunch!

    My other dolls can stand, i use an armature inside their body~

    ReplyDelete